Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a collection of frequently asked questions regarding flat fee MLS plans. Should you have any other questions which are not addressed here, please call us or send us an e-mail
Why is a USFF flat fee MLS plan a smart choice for you?
- Since our inception in 2000, we have remained committed to serving the For Sale by Owner Community with value added resources and to providing excellent customer service.
- We are committed to leveraging technology and our on-line network of more than 1000 Websites (Domains) to help you sell your property faster, and at top dollar. Our resources make it easy for you to track sales activity, and to price, advertise and market your property.
- We are available by phone (800-449-4957) M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm, Sat 9:00am - 4:00pm and Sun 10:00am - 4:00pm. We recognize that it can be very frustrating when you have a problem, and can't get prompt assistance.
- We have NO HIDDEN FEES. You know what's included before you sign up. We make it easy and affordable to extend your Program or to upgrade.
- You will be assigned an Approved Broker that is a member of our Certified Nationwide Network of Agents, and that works in your Local MLS.
- Your Single Property Website specific Quick Link and Sub Domain makes it easy for potential Buyers to access and view your property. Your specific "QR Code" is shown on all Flyers, making it easy for Buyers and Agents to access your site from mobile smart phones and tablet devices.
Why is being listed in the MLS so important?
- MLS stands for "Multiple Listing Service", and is "the real estate market".
- More than 80% of all properties sold in the US are listed in the MLS.
- Being listed in MLS means all the local Realtors can find your Property in their MLS database.
- Buyers can find your Property on thousands of public MLS websites, where they are most likely to be searching for a Property. MLS listed properties (for sale by owner or not) sell faster and for more money than non-MLS listed "for sale by owner" properties.
Why is a flat fee MLS listing option better than listing with a traditonal Realtor 6% program?
- You get the same MLS listing in the same local MLS for a one-time low Flat Fee instead of 6%.
- If you sell your home without a buyer's agent involved, there is zero commission.
- More exposure on hundreds of national MLS websites.
- Exposure to "by owner" buyers.
What is "MLS"?
MLS stands for "Multiple Listing Service". Most people refer to MLS as if it were all one big database of homes. Actually there are over a thousand individual MLSs across the country; some big, some small. They are all separate from each other, so a Realtor who looks on his local MLS in Boston can't see the listings in the Miami MLS. That's why it's so important to be listed in the correct local MLS. There are many national websites, like Realtor.com, that aggregate listings from all these 1000 MLSs, and put them all on one giant website. Some information, such as commissions offered to agents and owner contact information, is only displayed on the local MLS for agents to see, and not the national public websites.
Why do I need a Realtor to list my home in the MLS?
Only a licensed Real Estate Broker who belongs to the MLS and pays the MLS dues and fees is able to list a property. An individual can't simply post an "ad" in the MLS, like placing an ad in a newspaper. The Real Estate Broker is also responsible for the accuracy of the listing, and keeping it current. For example, the Broker can lose his MLS membership or pay heavy fines if a property is under contract or sold, but still listed as "Active" in MLS. When you list with us, a licensed Broker who belongs to the MLS where your property is located will be assigned to your listing.
Once I have decided on a Flat Fee Plan, how does the registration process work?
- Go to USFlatFeeListing.com and click on the "List My Home Now"
- Select Post Your Property - Pick Your Plan.
- Click to Continue.
- Pick your state and complete listing information.
- You will be assigned to one of our Brokers who is a member of your local MLS.
- Within 24 hours you will receive an email which will include forms and information we need to submit your Listing in your Local MLS (please contact us should you have any questions).
- You complete the forms/paperwork per instructions, and send it to the Local Broker that has beed assigned to you.
- Your property will be listed in your Local MLS by the end of the following business day.
- From this point forward, your Local Broker will be your main point of contact. If there are any questions which arise that cannot be addressed by your Local Broker, please call us at 800-449-4957
- Once the property is in your Local MLS, it will take 1-2 days before it appears in Websites like Realtor.com, Yahoo.com, Trulia, Zillow and others.